Eligibility for Personal Assistance Program
Must be a Cortland County Resident!
For a person with a disability to participate in the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program they must meet the following criteria:
- Must be eligible for and in receipt of New York State Medicaid and reside in Cortland County.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must medically require assistance in home care functions, are in need of personal care services, or long term home health care program services, or AIDS home care program services, or home health aide services as determined by an assessment.
- Must be self-directing, or have a legal guardian:
- Able and willing to make informed choices regarding the type and quality of home care services to be provided and to participate in the selection, supervision, evaluation and termination of qualified service providers
- Able and willing to instruct service providers in required work tasks
- Able and willing to direct and manage a payment authorization system