What does the WAP program do?
- Insulate floors, walls, and attics
- Repair & Replace heating systems
- Repair & Replace Hot water tanks
- Reduce drafts - air seals - caulking and weather-strip
- Bathroom & Kitchen Ventilation
- Inspect combustion appliances
- Test efficiency of refrigerators
- Install carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Minor repairs
- Health & Safety check of the home
- This is a FREE Service - No Liens apply!!
- Homeowner / or renter*
- Low income - 60% of State Median (see Eligibility Guidelines)
- HEAP, SSI, PA recipient, SNAP
*A non-refundable upfront audit fee of $100 - $200 from the landlord will be collected and applied toward the landlord contribution of 35% to 50% (total costs) required on rental property. If you have made energy saving improvements within the last year to your rental property, credit may be given for some or all of these improvements. Receipts required.
You must have 50% of your tenant's income eligible in order for us to weatherize your building. This program is free to income eligible landlords see Eligibility Guidelines.
Applying for the Weatherization Assistance Program
If you fill out the form with the following information we would be happy to mail you an application.
Note: For Cortland County residents only. Also, your home cannot be weatherized if you have already received this service after Sept. 1994.
For more information
For more information about this program, see our Links Page.